LI STEM Hub - Professional Development DAY
When: November 6th, 2018
Where: LC Consulting, LLC
1025 Old Country Road
Time: 9:00AM - 1:30PM
Educators earn CTLE Credits for your participation
Participants will spend the day getting excited about computational thinking and physical computing through a maker experience. Using MakeCode.com and micro:bit to do Hacking STEM activities that can be used in classroom experiences to reinforce math and science concepts. Building an IoT (Internet of Things) device, in a creative learning experience using simple supplies and a micro:bit. Teachers will reflect and create while learning about resources to increase engagement, efficiency and develop modern skills for a global classroom/society.
Note: This is an introductory course intended to expose teachers to coding and physical computing resources. This is not a deep-dive instruction into any one tool. There is a $25.00 supply fee for the days activity and teachers will take home the micro:bit kit and anything they create during the session. Additional training’s and resources will be provided throughout the day for educators who would like to learn more about the topics presented in today's training, as well as how to obtain curriculum used during the session.
· Understand how science and technology is advancing how we teach and learn in a modern classroom
The primary audience for this session is teachers, empowering educators teaching in a variety of settings.
· Grades 1-12
· All subjects/content areas
· Professional Learning Communities
· Teacher Professional Development
Program Fee: This is a free workshop with a supply fee of $25
Classroom Course Fees: Course Fees cover all applicable course materials, and Certificate of Completion. Course Fees do not include any parking expenses or food service.
· For purchase orders, training course registrations will not be confirmed until registration is complete and billing information is received in full.
· In order to cancel or reschedule a confirmed training participant must submit an email request to train@Lauriecarey.com
· Cancellation requests must be submitted within 60 calendar days of registration and no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course date in order to receive a full refund of paid registration fees.
· No shows and cancellations not made within the specified cancellation period will incur the full cost of registration.
· Laurie Carey Consulting reserves the right to cancel any training course due to insufficient enrollment at least 30 calendar days in advance of the scheduled course date. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of registration fees.
· Laurie Carey Consulting is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the customer if a training course is cancelled.
· If a training class is cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances such as weather or natural disaster, the customer is entitled to reschedule for a future training course.
Organizations with purchase order requirements please call 631-468-7477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, all Purchase orders must include the description of the workshop with the cost of the workshop and number of participants.