The goals of the Two-Day Training with Minecraft: Education Edition are
· to familiarize participants with the basic game mechanics and provide opportunities to practice;
· to help participants understand how to bring the game as an educational tool to their classrooms and deliver their first activity with Minecraft.
8.30 – 9.00 Game-Based Learning or Why Minecraft?
9.05 – 10.10 Placing Your First Blocks: Learn Minecraft controls, settings, and complete a tutorial to gain fluency with the game.
10.15– 11.45 Classroom Build Challenges: Complete activities from a set of 30+ classroom build challenges available with Minecraft: Education Edition you can take back to your classrooms.
11.45– 12.30 LUNCH BREAK
12.30 – 13.30 Multiplayer session: Complete a group build challenge and experience the power of collaboration
13.40 – 14.40 Managing Minecraft: Beginners: Learn about these feature blocks and settings allow necessary teacher specific abilities to control the game in the individual learning environment as well as the specifics that may be required by the content or learning objective. Come up with classroom rules poster.
14.50 – 15.15 Bring it all together: reflection (classroom rules vs classroom management settings, consolidating what participants learnt in 1 day in Minecraft: Education Edition)
15.15 – 15.30 Prepare for Day 2: Learn about where to search for lesson plans
Homework: go through the resources and pick a lesson plan that you will be adjusting to deliver the next day. Think about game settings and actual delivery and write down all the questions and concerns that you have.
8.30 – 9.30 Introduction to Coding: Learn about Minecraft’s computer science applications for all ages including Hours of Code, Code Builder and full sets of CS curriculum.
9.40 – 10.40 Applying Minecraft to Math or Science: Learn how to make mathematics more visual via Minecraft. They will also see some great uses of Minecraft to teach common topics such as area/volume and fractions. OR
Gain a deeper understanding about Chemistry and Science functionality available in Minecraft, and how the game supports inquiry and curiosity for all students.
10.50 – 11.50 Literacy with Minecraft
11.50- 12.40 LUNCH BREAK
12.40 – 13.30 Assessment with Minecraft: Learn education-specific features and functionality to empower robust learning experiences.
13.40 – 15.10 Lesson Planning Jigsaw: Choose lessons applicable to your classroom and unpack and share content with colleagues to bring back annotated lessons ready for your students. Present your lesson/ activity with your groups.
15.10 – 15.20 Supporting Educators on Your Journey: Tour through online and offline resources available to teachers, including standards-aligned lessons, trainings, online courses and product support.
15.20 – 15.30 Wrap Up and Surveys
*Please note that the exact agenda on the day of training might slightly change depending on the general flow of the event and other factors.
*Chromebooks are not acceptable devices for this program, participants must have a Windows, iPad or Mac device. If you need a device for the workshop, please click here!
To learn more about our programs call us call us at 631-468-7477 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
· For purchase orders, training course registrations will not be confirmed until registration is complete and billing information is received in full.
· In order to cancel or reschedule a confirmed training participant must submit an email request to train@Lauriecarey.com
· Cancellation requests must be submitted within 60 calendar days of registration and no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course date in order to receive a full refund of paid registration fees.
· No shows and cancellations not made within the specified cancellation period will incur the full cost of registration.
· Laurie Carey Consulting reserves the right to cancel any training course due to insufficient enrollment at least 30 calendar days in advance of the scheduled course date. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of registration fees.
· Laurie Carey Consulting is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the customer if a training course is cancelled.
· If a training class is cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances such as weather or natural disaster, the customer is entitled to reschedule for a future training course.
Organizations with purchase order requirements please call 631-468-7477 or email email@example.com, all Purchase orders must include the description of the workshop with the cost of the workshop and number of participants.