Families That Learn Together Succeed Together
Learn how you can support your child in exploring
Coding and Physical Computing with Makecode and micro:bit
(This is an adult only workshop - Limited seating)
Let’s get our children ready and equipped with the skills to thrive in a new world. Parents can’t be left behind so it’s time to support computational thinking skills. Learn how education is evolving in the classroom. Join us and be a part of the transformation!
Introduction to computational thinking and physical computing
This 2.5 hour course is designed to give you an understanding of what physical computing is and how you can integrate and support coding with your children. Our approach to teaching coding is no different from the way we teach the kids—learning by doing so we will have hands-on activities.
We explore the resources available as well as collaborative activities that will encourage everyone to work together to design a project.
The primary audience for this session is parents, guardians, caregivers, and home school programs. This is an opportunity to learn how computational thinking and physical computing supports building skills for the future.
Register online by June 12th and receive a discounted price of $75 per person includes training and a mico:bit GO Kit. The day of the workshop, you can register at the door and pay $90 per person.
Want to hold your own event at your school or organization we can help create and exciting program to support empowering your parents and or students. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning to code helps support students to build computational thinking skills. It is a method that teaches students to think as if they are computer scientists. With computational thinking, students are taught how to approach new information and new problems. This cognitive strategy is important for students to learn in order to become successful today, and into their future.
When: June 13, 2019
Where: Nebula Academy (The Gaming Studio location)
180 Michael Drive
Syosset, NY 11791
Time: 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
(This is an adult only workshop- Limited seating)
Program Fee: $75 per person includes micro:bit GO Kit
Classroom Course Fees: Course Fees cover all applicable course materials, and Certificate of Completion. Course Fees do not include any parking expenses or food service.
· For purchase orders, training course registrations will not be confirmed until registration is complete and billing information is received in full.
· In order to cancel or reschedule a confirmed training participant must submit an email request to email@example.com
· Cancellation requests must be submitted within 60 calendar days of registration and no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course date in order to receive a full refund of paid registration fees.
· No shows and cancellations not made within the specified cancellation period will incur the full cost of registration.
· Laurie Carey Consulting reserves the right to cancel any training course due to insufficient enrollment at least 30 calendar days in advance of the scheduled course date. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of registration fees.
· Laurie Carey Consulting is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the customer if a training course is cancelled.
· If a training class is cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances such as weather or natural disaster, the customer is entitled to reschedule for a future training course.
Organizations with purchase order requirements please call 631-468-7477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, all Purchase orders must include the description of the workshop with the cost of the workshop and number of participants.