Connecting your community through coding!
Let’s get our children ready and equipped with the skills to thrive in a new world. Learn how education is evolving and the importance of computation thinking. Join us and be a part of the transformation, and learn how to engage your community members in an exciting way!
Introduction to Computational Thinking & Physical Computing
This six-hour training course is designed to give participants an understanding of computational thinking and physical computing. You will learn why physical computing is a powerful tool, how MakeCode.com and micro:bit support physical computing projects, and what resources are available to design content-based physical computing units that empower students with 21st century skills. This training will explore physical computing through hands-on activities that will introduce participants to the principles of physical computing and the resources available as well as collaborative activities that will encourage participants to work together to design a project.
Understand the basic principles of computer science, computational thinking and physical computing
Learn how MakeCode.com & micro:bit promote physical computing
Design a physical computing lesson, or utilize free curriculum content.
Librarians, educators, home school organizations, after-school programs and anyone seeking to engage computational thinking in their programs!
Each participant will go home with a micro:bit Club Pack (10)
Learning to code helps support students to build computational thinking skills. It is a method that teaches students to think as if they are computer scientists. With computational thinking, students are taught how to approach new information and new problems. This cognitive strategy is important for students to learn in order to become successful today, and into their future.
When: Friday, November 16th, 2018
Where: Cold Spring Harbor Library
95 Harbor Rd
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
Time: 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
(There will be a one hour lunch break, participants can explore local Cold Spring Harbor, or Huntington Village for food options)
Program Fee: $79
Classroom Course Fees: Course Fees cover all applicable course materials, and Certificate of Completion. Course Fees do not include any parking expenses or food service.
· For purchase orders, training course registrations will not be confirmed until registration is complete and billing information is received in full.
· In order to cancel or reschedule a confirmed training participant must submit an email request to train@Lauriecarey.com
· Cancellation requests must be submitted within 60 calendar days of registration and no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled course date in order to receive a full refund of paid registration fees.
· No shows and cancellations not made within the specified cancellation period will incur the full cost of registration.
· Laurie Carey Consulting reserves the right to cancel any training course due to insufficient enrollment at least 30 calendar days in advance of the scheduled course date. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of registration fees.
· Laurie Carey Consulting is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the customer if a training course is cancelled.
· If a training class is cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances such as weather or natural disaster, the customer is entitled to reschedule for a future training course.
Organizations with purchase order requirements please call 631-468-7477 or email email@example.com, all Purchase orders must include the description of the workshop with the cost of the workshop and number of participants.
Want to hold your own event at your library or organization we can help create and exciting program to support empowering your parents and or students. Email us @ Train@lauriecarey.com