Qty 4 -Arduino Display Experimenter's Kits
Qty 4 -Arduino Display Experimenter's Kits
The Arduino is scalable to student’s interest and ability, it works with popular programming languages, and the Microcontroller has applications in robotics, wearables, and machines. Learning to work with the Arduino introduces students to real world applicable uses of technology incorporated with coding skills. This combination of hardware and software skills builds a foundation for students to expand and learn engineering concepts tied to computer science competencies.
Learning outcomes are listed on each kit tab. We provide all kit instructions as well as teacher and student workbooks in an easy and consumable format for deliver and learning. Teachers can modify the workbooks based on integration into the core curriculum to provide fun hands on experience in the classroom or utilize as workshops independent of the school day. Formats for Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, OneNote and PDF are included.
Each kit is packaged for classroom consumption in a plastic storage case labeled with all components. The storage kit allows students to work on the projects and stop and start based on program time allowed. This model helps teachers keep the items from being lost, keeps the students organized for each session, and helps keep the project safe in storage between sessions.
Kits can be taken apart at the end of the program to be re-purposed for additional programs. This allows schools to reduce costs long-term by reusing components minimizing the number of kits needed year over year.
All software needed to work with the Arduino board is downloadable and links to software are provided within the instructor workbooks.
We recommend 2-4 students per kit working together to complete workshop.
Additional add on items can be incorporated into modules to enhance learning based on integration into the classroom or to increase length of workshops.
Hardware Inventory provided with kit
- 1x RobotGeek Large Workbench
- 1x Geekduino Mount / Hardware
- 1x RobotGeek Geekduino
- 1x RobotGeek Sensor Shield V2
- 1x USB To Micro USB Cable
- 1x 6v2a Power Supply
- 10x 300mm 3-pin Sensor Cables
- 25x 3pin Couplers
- 8x Rubber Bumper / Feet for the Workbench
- 4x RobotGeek LED Drivers
- 1x Grove - OLED 96x96
- 1x RobotGeek LCD
- 1x Grove - 4 Digit Display
- 1x NeoPixel Ring - 16 WS2812 5050 RGB LED
- 2x RobotGeek Pushbutton
- 2x RobotGeek Rotation Knob
- 2x Electronic Brick - 3 pin to Grove 4 pin Converter Cable
- 2x Grove Mounts
- 1x Hardware / Mounting Plates to Fully Assemble the Kit
Alignment to Curriculum Standards
CSTA K-12 Computer Science Standards
13. Understand the notion of hierarchy and abstraction in computing including high-level languages, translation, instruction set, and logic circuits.
14. Examine connections between elements of mathematics and computer science including binary numbers, logic, sets and functions.
15. Provide examples of interdisciplinary applications of computational thinking.
3. Collaborate with peers, experts, and others using collaborative practices such as pair programming, working in project teams, and participating in group active learning activities.
4. Exhibit dispositions necessary for collaboration: providing useful feedback, integrating feedback, understanding
and accepting multiple perspectives, socialization.
Computers and Communication Devices
1. Recognize that computers are devices that execute programs.
2. Identify a variety of electronic devices that contain computational processors.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between hardware and software.
4. Use developmentally appropriate, accurate terminology when communicating about technology.
Framework for K-12 CS Education
Practice 1. Recognizing and Representing Computational Problems
Practice 2. Developing and Using Abstractions
Practice 3. Creating Computational Artifacts
Practice 4. Testing and Iteratively Refining
Practice 5. Fostering an Inclusive Computing Culture
Practice 6. Communicating About Computing
Practice 7. Collaborating Around Computing
ISTE - International Society for
Technology in Education Standards
Creativity and Innovation
Communication & Collaboration
Research and Information Fluency
Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making
Technology Operations and Concepts